hahaha just a church now but it was a convent yes MB :) Perfect!!
"Convento de Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Arroios (Hospital de Arroios) Location Rua Quirino da Fonseca, Praça do Chile, Avenida Almirante Reis Parish: St. George of Arroios
Built in 1705 from the financing of D. atarina of Braganza, daughter of D. João IV and Luísa de Gusmão, worked until 1755 in the conventual space training college of the Jesuits, taking the name of St. George's College of Arroios. Resisted the earthquake of 1755 but not the expulsion of the Jesuits in 1759, when Sebastião José de Carvalho e Melo, the future Marquis of Pombal (1769) determined the occupation of the convent for Franciscan nuns, leaving the space to be known as the convent Our Lady of Conception of Arroios.
The convent was unoccupied in 1890, the year when the last nun died in 1892, the State decided that the space was converted into a hospital and was determinated that operate as a hospital for isolation for patients with bubonic plague, cholera, smallpox, leprosy and tuberculosis.
From 1898, the former monastery took the name of Queen Dona Amélia Hospital and it is only the treatment and prevention of tuberculosis, for deployment in 1911 after moving to the Republic Hospital of call streams. It worked until 1993, when it was permanently disabled and is currently unoccupied.
In the church of the monastery remained the remains of the Marquis of Pombal before being transported to the Church of Our Lady of Mercy. The church remains open to cult and frequented mainly by Ukrainian community resident in Lisbon.
Main façade of Lisbon's bull ring.The Campo Pequeno bullring (Portuguese: Praça de Touros do Campo Pequeno) is the bull ring of Lisbon, Portugal. It is located in the Campo Pequeno Square, by the Avenida da República. After a profound renovation, it re-opened as a multi-event venue in 2006, designed to be used for various events apart from bull fighting. It hosts a range of live acts and has seen many famous bands perform there. It includes an underground shopping centre, restaurants and a parking lot.
History Lisbon's bullring was built between 1890 and 1892 under the project of Portuguese architect António José Dias da Silva. His design was inspired by the bullring of Madrid, by Emilio Rodriguez Ayuso, later demolished. The style is the neo-Mudéjar, a Romantic style inspired by the old Arab architecture from Iberia. Lisbon's new bull ring replaced an old one, located in the Campo de Santana.
Inside Inside any bullring like this one in Lisbon, bulls, calves and cows are repeatedly stabbed with "bandeirilhas" by a man on a horse. While blood runs out of the bull's body, it still has to suffer more pain coming from other men that don't need a horse in order to protect themselves because the bull is already too weak to hurt them. (The bull is later killed for it's meat in a slaughterhouse, or dies from infected wounds wating to be killed, or its wounds are "treated" with salt and the bull is later sent to a bullring in order to be tortured again.)
The building The bull ring has a circular floorplan with four large octagonal towers on each cardinal point with oriental-looking domes. The Western tower is flanked by two turrets and serves as main entrance. The many windows of the building have a typical horseshoe shape. The entire surface of the building is covered by bricks of orange colour. The inner arena has 80 metres of diameter and is covered with sand. The seats hold almost 10,000 people.